Assistant Funeral Director – Casual Position
Full Training provided
We are seeking a mature, dedicated and reliable person with extensive “Life Experience” and a compassionate nature to join our team.
The hours are on a casual basis as the workload varies. This can mean that some weeks you may work up to 15 or more hours and occasionally some weeks will be very few or even nil hours.
This position is very varied and the right person will find it very fulfilling and satisfying. It will be a combination of attending to transfers of deceased persons from the place of death to our funeral home including after hours transfers and attending to the needs of family and mourners as you attend funeral services. It also involves practical work such as preparing coffins, cleaning vehicles and building presentation.
This position best suits a person looking for a 2nd or supplementary income or someone wishing to find a fulfilling role.
If you have the desire to help people at one of the most difficult times in their lives and the hours suit you, then please read on.
Physical fitness and strength are very important as there is some heavy lifting involved. Attention to detail combined with excellent communication skills and personal presentation are absolutely essential.
You will need to be available during the day Mon – Fri as required. Participation in the after hours ‘on call’ transfer roster for some nights and weekends is also required. You must live within 20 minutes of the funeral home ( 314 James St Toowoomba opposite Clifford Gardens Shopping Centre) to successfully participate in this roster. The pay rate is above the award and penalty rates apply for after hours work.
The role includes:
- Participation in the after hours ‘on call’ roster for transfers of the deceased.
- Transferring deceased persons from the place of death to our mortuary including nursing homes, hospitals, private homes etc. At times this will involve some distance travelling, generally Brisbane, the Coasts, Regional Queensland etc
- Assisting at Funeral Services at churches, chapels, cemeteries, crematoriums etc.
- Vehicle detailing, cleaning duties and general building presentation duties.
- Preparing coffins with fitting linings and handles
The successful applicant will require:
- An empathetic and warm personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- High level of communication skills
- High level of personal presentation and grooming
- Good health including the fitness and strength required for transfers. (Pre-employment physical test is required.)
- Moderate level of computer skills
- A current Queensland Driver’s License
- Willingness to participate in all areas of Funeral Directing
Please only apply if you have a genuine desire to work in funeral service and meet the above requirements.
Please submit your Cover letter and a Resume outlining your suitability, to Judith McGrath-Colquhoun at firstname.lastname@example.org
Employment Collection Notice
- In applying for a position you will be providing Australian Heritage Funerals with personal information. We can be contacted by writing at PO Box 18129 Clifford Gardens, Toowoomba Qld, 4350 or via email at email@example.com
- If you provide us with personal information, for example your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect this information in order to assess your application. We may keep this information on file if your application is unsuccessful or in case another position becomes available.
- We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent unless otherwise permitted.
- We may be required to conduct a criminal record check regarding whether you are or have been the subject of an Apprehended Violence Order and certain criminal offences under Child Protection law. We may also collect personal information about you in accordance with these laws.
- If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information and why.