Funeral Consultant Full Time Position
We are seeking a dedicated and compassionate person with “Life Experience” and a mature and emphatic approach to join our Toowoomba team. If you have the desire to help people at one of the most difficult times in their lives, and create long lasting personal connections, then please read on.
The funeral industry is one of the most rewarding areas you can work in. A funeral is a very important part of life and needs to be highly personalised and organised and must be perfect every time.
The Role is varied and very interesting. The right person will find it very fulfilling and satisfying. It is a combination of assisting families as you help them arrange a meaningful funeral service and it also involves practical work such as preparing documents, files as well as using your creativity as you help organise a variety of events.
The person we are looking for will have:
- An empathetic and warm personality who will actively listen to our families to ensure the very best service to each family
- Exceptional customer service skills
- A genuine desire to work with families at a difficult time and assist in every way possible
- Be a highly organised Multitasker who can remember many people, tasks and procedures at one time
- High levels of organisational skills, being able to manage your own time and tasks whilst working within tight time frames
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer literacy and the ability to work with various software programs
- Strong clerical skills
- Be adaptive and flexible to changing requirements and can think on your feet for creative solutions when required
- Excellent communication skills and ability develop relationships with all our team members, client families and suppliers
- High level of personal presentation
- Good health including the fitness and strength required for transfers
- A current Queensland Driver’s License
- Willingness to participate in all areas of Funeral Directing
The Role consist of:
- Meeting with families and assisting them to plan and co-ordinate the funeral, and then follow through to ensure all aspects of the funeral arrangement are attended to.
- Helping families and individuals to make pre-planned and / or pre-paid funeral arrangements.
- Attending to the needs of the family and mourners, clergy or celebrants as you attend the funeral service. (at churches, chapels, cemeteries, crematoriums, other venues etc)
- Assisting families with viewings of the deceased.
- Clerical duties to prepare the documents for the funeral service and other clerical tasks as required. Burn music CD’s. Prepare and make ready items for a DVD photo tribute, and the Order of Service Leaflets etc so the media team can produce these.
- Assisting with the transfer of deceased persons from the place of death to our mortuary, when required. (from nursing homes, hospitals, private homes etc).
- Participation in the after hours and weekend “on call” rosters as required.
Qualification and Training
Applicants who have prior experience in funeral directing or the caring professions will have a good appreciation for the role’s requirements. However we have an excellent induction and training program, so anyone who has the right personality and skills to meet the above criteria will be highly considered.
Office Administration skills are a pre-requisite.
Above award wages, allowances and overtime provisions apply.
Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.00pm however you will need to be available to work later at times and often with short notice, due to the unpredictable nature of our work. And occasionally start early when working on an out of town funeral service. The “On Call” after hours telephone roster involves approximately one weekend per month. Because of this, you are also required to live within a 30 minute drive of Toowoomba.
Please submit your detailed Cover Letter outlining why you are interested in the position and what makes you a suitable candidate, plus a current Resume to email@example.com
Attn: Judith McGrath-Colquhoun
Closing date 25 May 2018.
Australian Heritage Funerals is a 100% Australian family owned local company. We believe that it is of the utmost importance to provide each family with compassionate, gentle care in a friendly environment whilst always maintaining the highest professional standards.
Employment Collection Notice
- In applying for a position you will be providing Australian Heritage Funerals with personal information. We can be contacted by writing at PO Box 18129 Clifford Gardens, Toowoomba Qld, 4350 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you provide us with personal information, for example your name and address or information contained on your resume, we will collect this information in order to assess your application. We may keep this information on file if your application is unsuccessful or in case another position becomes available.
- We will not disclose this information to a third party without your consent unless otherwise permitted.
- We may be required to conduct a criminal record check regarding whether you are or have been the subject of an Apprehended Violence Order and certain criminal offenses under Child Protection law. We may also collect personal information about you in accordance with these laws.
- If you provide us with the personal information of others, we encourage you to inform them that you are disclosing that information and why.