Thursday, 24 November 2022
Why consider a pre-paid funeral?
When you’re making big life purchases, its normal to put money aside in advance. Such as buying a house, a car, or paying for a vacation. Yet many don’t do the same for funerals, this means the stress often falls to loved ones after a loss.
Pre-planned and pre-paid funerals have many advantages over having to plan everything when the time comes. We’ve listed a few advantages of pre-planning for families to consider discussing.
- Protect your family emotionally and financially
- Preplanning your funeral saves your family from all the trouble, whilst ensuring your family is protected financially against unknown price rises.
- Being able to pay for your funeral at today’s prices could save you a significant amount of money in the long run.
- Pre-paid funerals have the added benefit of payment options, tailored to your budget, they can be paid off over a period of 1 – 3 years.
- Money invested in a pre-paid funeral plan is not deemed part of your assets nor is the interest earned part of your income, which may also help to maximise your pension entitlements.
- A pre-paid funeral plan provides a sound system to ensure that the services you have contractually agreed to will in fact be provided.
- You can enjoy peace of mind simply knowing you have put your affairs in order and reflected the most appropriate arrangements.
- When pre-planning your funeral service, you have access to the same options to customize the service as you wish to.
- A funeral is a lasting statement of how you want to be remembered, let us know about your specific needs and requirements at the time and everything will be taken care of.
- Preplanning in advance can help alleviate the possibility of integral and special parts of the service which may be forgotten to be included by family members stricken with grief and financial burden.
- Lessen the stress and tension amongst family members with different opinions of what should or should not be included in the funeral service.
- Prepaid funeral plans are a fantastic option for anyone who wants to make financial and organisational decisions for their funeral.
- The flexibility and financial security of pre-paid funerals can offer a huge sense of relief to you and your loved ones.
- Pre-paid and pre-planned funeral plans ensure that when the time comes the funeral can run as smoothly as possible.
- Planning your funeral gives you and your family a chance to share with each other how you’d like to be remembered and could be a great way to start a conversation with your nearest and dearest about the things that matter the most.
- Funeral wishes are just that – wishes. Unlike instructions in a will, they are not legally binding, or may not all be possible for a loved one to fulfil.
If you are interested in finding out more, our team at Australian Heritage Funerals are happy to answer questions and provide you more information. You can contact us on 07 4634 9946 or contact us through email to arrange a convenient time to speak.