If you wish, as well as making the funeral arrangements in advance, you can choose to pre-pay your funeral expenses, although you will not be pressured to do so as this is entirely your decision.
We provide a Guaranteed Fixed-price funeral plan, called Guardian Plan, which ensures that you pay at today’s prices, with no more to pay in the future, ever.
Pre-payment is one way to ensure that your family will not face a financial burden at some time in the future. All the costs involved can be decided upon when there is not the emotional stress that accompanies a death.
Guardian Funeral Plan
Why choose Guardian Plan?
- Guardian plan makes great financial sense. It saves you and your family money.
- Pay at today’s prices and beat rising costs. Guardian plan locks in today’s prices forever.
- No ongoing payments. No additional costs and no premiums to pay for you or your family. Once paid in full, there is no more to pay unless additional inclusions are chosen later.
- Removes the worry and gives you peace of mind knowing that when the time comes, it’s planned and paid for, everything is taken care of.
- Guardian plan gives you time to make an informed decision about the funeral that best suits you and allows you to pre-select and purchase the services required for your funeral.
- Guardian Plan bears any investment risk – not you. The prepaid services are guaranteed.
- Your Guardian plan is exempt from both the Centrelink assets test and deeming rules. Entering into a Guardian plan may help you qualify for the pension or increase your part-pension.
- No medical or health history required.
- Pay in instalments or upfront, whichever works best for you.
- Experienced staff guide you through all aspects of prepaying the funeral.
What will your Guardian Plan cover?
The following items can be included in the fixed price plan:
- Our Professional Fees with guidance to you now as you plan ahead and later for your loved ones, explaining your wishes and assisting with any final details, such as placing the newspaper notices, ordering flowers and any other details required.
- Attendance of experienced funeral directors at the funeral ceremony venue and crematorium or graveside.
- Transfer of the deceased, during business hours and within a radius of 70 Kilometers, into our care at the funeral home. (Transfers after hours will incur a small extra fee.)
- Mortuary care of the loved one prior to the funeral including preparation for viewings as required.
- Provision of your selected Casket or Coffin.
- All necessary documentation for your burial or cremation.
- Cremation Fees and Cremation Certificate (at nominated crematoriums only).
- Provision of the Hearse for the ceremony.
- Other items can also be included and prepaid: Newspaper notices, Flowers, Certified Death Certificate, Clergy or Celebrant fees, Order of Service leaflets, Photo Tributes etc.
Please note: Cemetery Fees cannot be included in the Guardian plan, however many cemeteries will allow pre-payment of various options.
The Garden of Remembrance Cemetery in Toowoomba offers pre-payment of the cemetery plot, interment fees, and plaque as well as ashes sites and plaques. The Drayton and Toowoomba Cemetery and most Regional Cemeteries offer pre-payment of the cemetery plot.
If you would like to meet with us to discuss the benefits of pre-planning and/or pre-paying your funeral and the options available at no obligation or cost, please contact us on 07 46349946. Or click here to contact us to learn more.
Travel Protection Plan
A travel protection plan is also available at a small extra cost. This covers the costs of transportation of the deceased person from anywhere in Australia back to our funeral home, so the service can be provided as you intended. Please ask us for more information.
Frequently asked questions
Will the cost of my Guardian Plan ever increase?
No, you and your family are protected against rising costs on included items.
Is there a cooling off period?
Yes, you have 30 days to ensure you are happy with your plan. If you change your mind and the Guardian plan is not right for you, simply write to us within 30 days informing us that you would like a refund.
Will my pension be affected?
No, Your Guardian plan is exempt from both the Centrelink assets test and deeming rules. Entering into a Guardian plan may help you qualify for the pension or increase your part-pension. Note: please ensure you read the disclosure document and seek financial advice, prior to making any purchase decisions.
Is there a waiting period or accidental death restrictions? What if I haven’t finished paying by instalments?
No, once paid in full, the prearranged services will be provided in accordance with your wishes. If the Guardian plan is required before the plan is fully paid and the instalment payments are not in arrears, our policy is to invite the family to finalise payment so that you receive the full benefits as per your Guardian plan.
Funeral Insurance Policies are designed to meet funeral costs and only paid upon death. Most policies only cover death by accident in the first 12 months.
When you first take out the insurance, it may cost less than a cup of coffee a week, but some premiums rise and accumulate as you age. We strongly advise you to calculate the cost of the plan over several years as many plans become very expensive and even unaffordable as people age. Sometimes people end up paying far too much.
We encourage people to ensure they are making informed decisions on how to pre-finance their funeral by exploring all options and do your research.
We are able to assist you in finding the right funeral insurance at competitive rates. Please contact us to learn more.
Cemetery and Cremation Pre-payment
You may also wish to consider selecting and prepaying your cemetery plots, interment fees and plaque or cremation fees, ashes inurnment site and plaque if selected.
Please contact the relevant cemetery or crematorium to discuss the range of options available.